Thursday, March 19, 2009

Drugs in '90210'

- Drugs are mentioned at the end of the catch up clip which starts the show "welcome to the big league" (drug dealer to Adrianna)
- 4:34 Adrianna putting drops into eyes when Naomi comes over to her
- 5 mins Naomi implies Adrianna has a drug problem (a continuation of what had been building up from the previous episode)
- Naomi says "I hear thing, I know things" to Adrianna when confronting her
- 7:30ish Adrianna messing up lines when practising for her audition, 7:36 shows her using cocaine to settle her nerves
  • She takes it from the lipstick container & wipes it over her teeth after sniffing it
  • She has no problem doing her lines after she's taken drugs

- 13:47 Adrianna in a car when her mother says she's celebrating getting her film part, it's assumed that she's doing drugs
- 21:10ish Kimberly says to a guy in detention "so, detention, bad kids...any idea where a girl can score some party favours?"
- 21:46 Naomi picks lipstick case out of Adrianna's bag

  • Find out Naomi used to do drugs - "I know this lipstick container" to which Adrianna replies "I know, it was yours"

- 22 mins Naomi says "I experimented then I stopped"
- 22:25ish police do a drugs search
- 22:34 Adrianna admits to Naomi "You're right, I'm using but it's not like I am addicted, I can stop whenever I want, I'm just like under so much pressure from my mum..." when the search starts
- 22:46 Cops pull weed from a guy's locker

- 22:50 Adrianna panics and says "I'm gonna get busted, I'm gonna get kicked out of school, I'm gonna lose the movie, I'm gonna lose everything"
- Naomi takes the drugs from Adrianna to save her friend
- 23:15 Shows Naomi putting drugs down the toilet and flushing before police come in

  • See Naomi being led away in cuffs to a car

- 22:33 Cop says to Harry "the coke was in the lipstick"
- Harry defends drugs bust by saying "I don't want drugs on this campus"
- Harry accuses Ryan Matthews of defending drug dealers when he said Harry's actions were a bit extreme
- Harry said (on the students having rights) "they don't have the right to bring drugs to campus"
- Annie saw what happened and said "those weren't her drugs Ethan"
- Adrianna talks about the C & C Club when Annie & Ethan confront her, which turns out to be the cocaine & champagne club, which Naomi initiated her into
- According to Ethan, Naomi "realised how stupid it [taking drugs] was"
- Naomi's mum raids her room to look for drugs
- Naomi sees her dad as being able to "make it [drug charges] go away " with money
- 27:20 Naomi, whne talking to Adrianna, who gets upset, says "hey, maybe it [rehab] coudl be a good career move"
- Scripting reveals drugs make it harder to go to collage, get a job & likely to go to jail/juvenile detention
- Undercover cop (Kimberly) being used to try and catch a dealer or supplier
- 39:24 At the end see Adrianna on the floor with paramedics, intercut with Naomi leaving a message on Adrianna's phone, as Adrianna had overdosed
- Episode ends with Naomi saying (in a message to Adrianna) "you're dead to me"

0 comments: